Welcome to the Banking Game.co.uk!
The Banking Game helps teachers and parents to bring real-life mathematical challenges into the classroom or home in a fun and interesting way. By encouraging pupils to create their own accounts and manage receipts/withdrawals, the game teaches them to understand their financial status of credit or debit.
Skills such as writing a cheque, paying with a debit card or crediting their account are all included. This fun and interactive classroom game is sure to get pupils excited about numbers.
The Aim of the Game:
The Banking Game reflects a 21st century approach and philosophy of mathematics and numeracy. It is a practical, applied approach to the subject and has relevance to pupils’ lives and the world they live in. it is fun and engaging to use and has massive potential to stimulate interest in mathematics and the banking sector and links with the ‘Helping Children Achieve More’ agenda.
Teaching and Learning Objectives:
- To teach children how to use a debit card, write cheques and bank giro credit slips (paying in slips) and how to keep records of a personal bank account in the form of a bank statement.
- To provide a practical and enjoyable teaching situation for practice in the addition and subtraction of money, fractions, percentages and positive and negative integers.
- To help teachers to develop a positive attitude in their pupils towards topics such as fractions, decimals, percentages and positive and negative integers and to apply their knowledge and skills.
- To allow teachers to differentiate work at levels which best suit the range of pupils in their classes.
- To link mathematics with IT and literacy in a meaningful way.